Outline of the hospital
- Medical Corporation Okinawa Tokushukai Musashino Tokushinkai Hospital
- Mukodai-cho 3-5-48, Nishi-tokyo City, Tokyo, 188-0013
Main telephone number
- June 1, 2015
- Medical Corporation Okinawa Tokushukai
- The director Hiromichi Suzuki
Number of hospital beds
- 210 beds (general: 160 beds; medical treatment: 50 beds)
Diagnosis and treatment departments
- Internal Medicine / Circulatory Medicine / Gastroenterology / Hematology / Nephrology / Hepatic medicine / Neurology / Surgery / Respiratory surgery / Gastroenterological surgery / Breast surgery / Pediatric Surgery / Orthopedics / Neurosurgery / Plastic Surgery / Pediatrics / Urology / Gynecology / Rehabilitation / Radiology / Emergency Medicine / Anesthesiology / Psychiatry / Dermatology
About the handling of personal information
- Our hospital has been making efforts every day to ensure that patients receive better medical care, with "Life alone is equal" as the basic concept since its opening. In order to do this, it is essential that patients provide necessary information for consultation. Therefore, for patients to provide information with no anxiety, we strongly recognize that we should safeguard personal information we get from the patient and declare we realize the proper handling of personal information by working together among the staff, based on the following protection policy.
- We prepare compliance regulations on personal information and manage patients’ information properly.
- The purpose and scope of using personal information are made clear to patients in advance.
- We endeavor to prevent illegal access to patients’ personal information and its loss, destruction, falsification and leakage.
- We comply with laws concerning personal information.
- We conduct educational activities and audits to ensure the thorough observance of compliance provisions for personal information protection, and endeavor to review their observance continuously.
Patients’ rights and obligations
- We aim at the medical care of good quality by understanding the respective positions of patients and hospitals.
- Anyone can receive medical care equally without being discriminated.
- The patient can select and change doctors, hospitals or health facilities.
- The patient can consent to or refuse his/her own treatment regimen.
- The patient can refuse to become a subject of medical research / education.
- The patient can get enough information on details of his/her examination,
the descriptions of medical records, and the condition of the disease.
- The confidentiality of personal information is maintained.
- The patient can get explanation for knowing his/her health condition and choosing medical and health facilities.
- Formulation of various statements of agreements
- Securing the right to get second opinions
- Requests for examination information disclosure
- Establishment of the patient consultation section
- Patients are obliged to do the following since treatment is based on patient participation.
- Obligation to provide accurate information and strive to understand the disease and medical care
In order to receive high-quality medical care, please provide information on their own diseases and bodies as honestly and accurately as possible to medical providers (doctors, nurses, etc.)
Also, for you to receive satisfactory medical care by providing sufficient explanation and information about medical care etc., and for you to choose medical methods etc. according to their intention, please ask the health care provider as much as you want, if you have anything you do not understand.
- Obligation to be actively committed to medical care
There is an obligation to strive to observe policies for checkup and treatment you have been satisfied with and have agreed to and to cooperate with each other for heightening the therapeutic effect.
- Obligation to cooperate in creating the medical environment
There is an obligation to observe management regulations within the facility and instructions of the hospital staff, so that all patients can receive medical care in the comfortable environment.
In addition, respect for social rules, consideration for rights such as privacy of other patients, and the appropriate payment of medical expenses are also required.
Guideline on blood transfusion refusal
We set forth Tokushukai’s guidelines on “refusal of blood transfusion” due to religious reasons.
- We respect patients' right to self-determination based on the philosophy that life is equal and medical care is fair.
- We comply with related laws and regulations and strive for best medical care.
About the disclosure of medical records
Our hospital discloses medical records to patients who applied for their disclosure.
Acceptance of medical record disclosure
- Please contact the general reception counter on the 1st floor.
Acceptance hours: (Weekdays) 9 am - 5 pm (Saturdays) 9 am - half past 12 noon
Due to convenience of confirming the identity of the disclosure applicant, we will not accept medical record disclosure by telephone.
Applicant for medical record disclosure
- In principle, applicants for medical record disclosure must be patients as the principal.
When application is made by an agent like a family member, a letter of attorney and a copy of the family register submitted by the patient as prescribed by our hospital are required.
* If the applicant for disclosure is a minor or a bereaved family member, a copy of the family register is required.
Charge for disclosure requests
- Disclosure fee --- 4,320 yen (tax included)
Copy of medical record (per copy) --- 20 yen (tax included)
Image data (per CD-R) --- 2,160 yen (tax included)
Procedure for the disclosure of medical records
- It is not possible to disclose medical records on the current day disclosure application was filed.
- When wishing for examination information disclosure, application for disclosure is required.
Please contact the general reception counter on the 1st floor.
- We hand over an "application form for examination information disclosure", as prescribed by our hospital, for you to fill in necessary items.
- We explain the necessary papers on the current day of medical record disclosure. Papers required for disclosure are different depending on the applicant.
When necessary medical records are ready, within 2 weeks from the date of accepting medical record disclosure, we inform the disclosure applicant to that effect and hand out a written response. On that occasion, please bring the papers necessary on the current day of examination information disclosure.
- Once we have been able to confirm the required papers, we charge you the disclosure fee, and hand over the medical record.